Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 40471 times)

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2019, 10:57:30 AM »
Hello Hendrick. Are you Dutch by any chance?
‘Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.’ - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Hendrick

• Human Being
« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2019, 07:45:53 AM »
Hi Henry,

Yes, I am dutch. Although I must have spent about 99 percent of the last 25 years abroad...
Are you dutch as well?

Regards, Hendrick

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2019, 10:40:01 AM »
I'm not, but I live in NL and I just guessed because you wrote 'industrie'. Other than that I'd never have guessed! Jolly good English there sir.
‘Being perfectly well-dressed gives one a tranquillity that no religion can bestow.’ - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Hendrick

• Human Being
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2019, 10:17:19 AM »
Hi again,

Thanks for the compliment; if only my sewing was half as good...
Are you a tailor for a living or as a personal luxury?

Regards, Hendrick

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2019, 11:51:38 AM »
Not for a main living, but I do make for people. Without an illustrious client list there's not much money in it.

DeniseOfria

• Aspiring Human Being
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2019, 07:37:34 AM »
I am Denise. I was a member of the old forum. I have sewn for myself and others for the past 50+ years. Recently (by this I mean over the last 10-12 years), I have developed an interest in pattern cutting and tailoring techniques. I found the old forum to be very informative. I look forward to participating in this Bespoke Cutter and Tailor forum. Thank you for carrying the torch forward.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2019, 10:14:46 AM »
Welcome DeniseOfria. :)

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:15 AM »
Yes indeed, welcome.

krudo74

• Human Being
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2019, 09:46:39 PM »
Hello, i'm Paul, from Italy, i'm enthusiast about tailoring techniques and i'm grateful to have find a nice place where i can study new things.
Thanks for all
Paul

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #144 on: February 15, 2019, 07:06:07 PM »
Hi Paul! Welcome.

Henry Hall

• Research
  • A very small jeff
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2019, 09:51:50 PM »
I remember you from the Cutter & Tailor. That forum hasn't moved here, it's still operational, but the boss seems to be on permanent vacation. This is not a mere mirror, but another place.

Bienvenue.

charliecroker

• Human Being
    • ModMaestro.com
Trousers that fit
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2019, 08:02:12 AM »
Yeah, well I'm here too, from the "other" site, which seems to be unavailable. Hello to old friends and new!
I am a serious student, into making trousers, and luckily surrounded by good materials here in Italy. Nothing pleases me more than dissecting a tailor-made garment and making notes for future projects. Nothing amateurish about my approach. Have downloaded the key texts and bought one or three recent books on the subject. I go to sleep thinking of changes in the fork etc. Dream of making trousers for others at a high price.

posaune

• Venerable Member
  • Human Being
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2019, 10:44:48 PM »
Beware that you will not be arrested from the police, because you look to intensive at the behind of people   ;)
let us take part with your progress
lg
posaune

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2019, 11:09:08 PM »
He he

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2019, 11:58:29 AM »
I was going to bite my tongue on this one but having some grasp of the problem, I could not resist a comment. While some may look at the behind of others for pleasure, usually such targets well know how to "package" such attributes as to present that end of them in the most favourable light but for the skilled tailor, persons who have less than what they may perceive as a well presented behind are potential customers who with enough skill can be made to look a lot better with the right garment design.

Translate that into ordinary language, a skilled tailor can make a pair of pants for someone with a saggy bum look one hell of a lot better.

Now recently I saw an article reviewing a new design of jeans that were supposed to do exactly that. A high stretch denim cut on the old "lift and separate" theory of brassiere design but the fit was so tight they looked like they had been sprayed on. The targets looked late 20s to early 30s and while the design did lift their behind, they were so tight that they mis-shaped the legs which were less than flattering to the wearer. They were also being sold at some outrageous price for something that was most probably spat out some slave labour facility in south east Asia.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D