Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 18043 times)

Oyew

• Ronin
    • Journal Tailoring
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2017, 09:13:13 PM »
Hello all.
I am oye kahlili, student tailoring from indonesia.
I want to upgrade my tailoring skill, but its hard to find any resources in my mother language. I find this forum by browsing internet. Even my english is as bad as my tailoring skill, i hope i can learn this art from you all.
Many thanks for admin  :)
my blog : my note as student tailoring
http://jurnaltailoring.net

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2017, 12:53:11 AM »
Hi Oyew,

Welcome on board. You are fortunate to live in Indonesia as you have some wonderful fabrics, excellent art work and good original designs from your country.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

Nicki

• Intermediate sewer
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2017, 05:04:52 AM »
Hi, I'm Nicki, another home sewer (sewist?) doing my best to learn on my own.
My first real sewing project was about 20 years ago, I made my own wedding dress with a little help from my mum and grandma. My favourite part was hand stitching the sequins and seed beads to the guipure lace and sewing the motifs from the lace onto the bodice. I think it turned out really well in fact. I made some other garments and then stopped sewing for quite a while. Now I'm back at it and really loving it.
I'm trying to learn everything I can through books and the internet and online courses. There aren't many classes available in my city to learn anything beyond basic sewing. I completed a beautiful wool coat that would be great but the arms ended up too short. Out they've come and I'm making new arms to put in. I think it'll be great when it's finished. But while making it I went searching for methods to hand sew buttonholes and saw good info on this site. I'd like to learn more about tailoring and decided to sign up to the forum. I'm excited to "meet" you all!

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2017, 09:43:22 PM »
Hi Nicki,

Welcome on board. We do have some very skilled members here so don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to know something.

Nicki

• Intermediate sewer
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2017, 11:03:13 PM »
Thank you! I will probably just lurk and read and absorb (and practice) for a while but thank you for making me feel welcome to ask!

Hi Nicki,

Welcome on board. We do have some very skilled members here so don't be afraid to ask questions if you need to know something.

fronno

• Human Being
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2017, 04:34:23 AM »
Hello everyone
I am a b.t. for the last 15 years and a designer for the last 30 years. I prefer to teach and help young people in this metier.
I have been sewing since I was four years old. So that was 56 years at the sewing machine. Got my first one from my grandmother with my birthday.
If you want to know anything, feel free to ask or to mail me.

Kind regards
François

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
Hi François,

Welcome on board, pleasure to hear from an experienced teacher.

Zanzare

• Human Being
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2017, 06:44:37 AM »
Hey there!

Nice to meet you all.

My background: apprenticeship as a tailor, working many years for theatre and film. Nowadays I work as a cutter for Opera, leading a workroom, having apprentices on my own and still learning every day something new!

crackedoats

• Human Being
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2017, 04:20:48 PM »
Hello everyone! I am a young professional tailor/draper freelancing in new york, working in film, television, theatre and dance. I got a good education grounding from some really solid tailoring courses in graduate school, and have been honing/building on those skills since. I also tailor my own clothing when I am able , which is where I get to experiment with different drafts and construction techniques.

I specialize in, and have a particular fondness/affinity for bespoke menswear. I came to this forum through searching for more tailor's books -- I have some of the basics Cabrera, Doyle, Mitchell System, Poulin, Waugh.. but know that there is so much more out there to learn and see.. Since tailoring approaches can be so subjective!

I look forward to sharing with everyone!

Gramountoto

• Human Being
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2017, 05:54:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am a former member of the Cutter and Tailor forum as many of you here were I was used to contribute from time to time (mainly with questions actually).
This T&C forum actually tought me everything I know about tailoring beside a few things I figured out by experimenting.
I found this new Bespoke Cutter and Tailor forum thanks to Terry's blog (thank you Terry!)

After several years of trials (and meters of wasted fabric) I can now cut and sew pretty decent shirts and trousers.
I decided to move on to coats a year ago.

I hope I can share some tricks with beginners (feel free to pm me) and I might in turn ask for feedback about my current and future jacket projects.

Glad to see some familiar names again...

Thomas

Tailor Angiolelli

• Human Being
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2017, 07:03:12 AM »
Hello everyone,
My Name is Umberto and I'm a Master Tailor from Italy almost 50 years of tailoring experience from Brioni.
 This is my LinkedIn profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/umberto-angiolelli-b450228b/

SquareDancer

• Human Being
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2017, 02:15:10 AM »
Hello I am happy to have found this forum.  I am a German professionally trained seamstress and finally came back to sewing in the last few years.  I had taken an almost 30 year break from sewing during which I came to the USA, went to college, completed my CPA and worked in the accounting field.  Since giving up that career I have taken up sewing again and it seems that I have gotten a little rusty.  Things are coming back to me as I am reading journals and follow several blogs.  I am looking forward to update my knowledge and discover new ways of doing things. I decided this spring that I would remake my wardrobe with only self-made items and found that I am not quite up to par with my sewing and fitting skills. I look forward to learning new things and hopefully might be able to contribute after some studying.

Blueviola

• Human Being
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2017, 06:19:24 AM »
Hi, Blueviola here, and I look forward to learning lots and lots of great stuff here. I was self-taught through pattern instructions in my youth about 40 years ago and didn't know what I didn't know. I'm recently back to sewing and thanks to the internet, I'm very aware that there are major gaps in my education but I am thoroughly enjoying learning. I'm also on pattern review under the same username, so some of you may know me from that form. For those who don't, I love to try new things and learn new things and increase my skills. And get some nice clothes in the process!

My husband and I suburban homestead for the most part, meaning we grow most of our food and I like to do almost everything myself from scratch. My sewing fluctuates between utilitarian work clothes and silks and wools for dressing up.

I have been known to make coats for my goats.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2017, 09:40:12 AM »
Correctly fitting a goat would be a wonderful discussion. :)

spookietoo

• Home Sewist - Focusing on Tailoring TN - U.S.A.
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2017, 01:36:41 PM »
Schneiderfrei - I miss the "like" button!  ;D ;D ;D