Author Topic: Tailoring Academy  (Read 4787 times)

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
Re: Tailoring Academy
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »
When I first noticed Rory's advertisement I thought "oh no, there's no way I can get to the US for 15 weeks" but then, reading further realised it was in Ireland.   I am, depending on the way you look at it in a very fortunate position being unemployed through disability and, the insurance company has finally coughed up - a pittance - so I have decided to bite the bullet, so to speak, and after a stimulating conversation with the aforementioned Master I signed up.  I struggled, even with the wonderful help from the C&T pro's to learn trouser drafting, probably five months longer than it should have taken.  Considering too some rather painful fitting posts on the internet for upper body garments it is obvious that it is impossible to fully understand fitting and drafting, one needs to have hands-on teaching.  London is to expensive to live for 4 months making Andrew Ramroop's course a little out of my reach.

I guess I need to start getting a taste for Irish Stout!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 11:46:14 AM by tombennett »

Greger

• Experienced Professional
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 06:57:45 PM »
Over the internet kinda hard to learn. With a tutor right there so much more can be communicated.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 07:41:09 PM »
Look on the bright side Tom, you will be an expert at Guinness by the time you have finished.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

Henry Hall

• Research
  • Evil Chemist
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »
It's great news. I think Tom should dive right in while the circumstances allow it.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Good for you Tom, what an opportunity :)

And you can learn some tailoring.

tom bennett

• Research
  • Human Being
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 11:45:02 AM »
Thanks for the encouraging  ::) comments guys.  I am really looking forward to it, peace and quiet, concentration; it will be a retreat, a place of learning with no other distractions.  ;D

Rory Duffy

• Human Being
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:26 AM »

Handcraft Tailor Academy opens again on March 13th with its latest course, Coat Making. This course is twelve weeks long beginning March 13th to June 2nd. Classes are held Monday thru Friday, 10am to 4pm.
The program covers, Pattern drafting, fitting, machine sewing, hand sewing and Coat Making.
Places are still available, email me at roryduffybespoke@gmail.com for more info.