Author Topic: Further server problems that slow the site down.  (Read 1800 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
Further server problems that slow the site down.
« on: March 30, 2016, 05:37:03 AM »
I confess to being just a little annoyed at the recent problems with the site. The problem comes from the company that provides the hardware that the server is set up on. After being fed bovine excrement (BS) yesterday after raising the issue with them, it appears that unscheduled maintainance, server hardware upgrades and a spam problem from another account has created the problem in the first place.

The web site is set up on a server that I maintain that is neither a freebie or a cheapie but a commercial priced service provider and I can reasonably expect that it delivers the performance I am paying for, something that has not been delivered recently.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

spookietoo

• Home Sewist - Focusing on Tailoring TN - U.S.A.
Re: Further server problems that slow the site down.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »
Hutch - hang in there. There are always growing pains with new ventures.

BTW- thank you so much for your time and effort. I think this site is filling an area of the clothing/sewing/tailoring world that up til now has been truly neglected.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 07:28:36 PM »
My wife has noted that Caitlin Jenner has also "Broken Google" in the last 48 hours or so.  Selling of lipstick or some such. That sucks up a lot of bandwidth.

Henry Hall

• Research
  • Evil Chemist
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:39:53 PM »
I had to look up Caitlin Jenner and was astonished that it is the former Bruce Jenner, the 70s decathlete! I really should pay more attention.
After looking on Wikipedia (just to see if I'd been tricked) I noticed that Caitlin Jenner supports Ted Cruz and although she doesn't support Donald Trump, she thinks he will be good for women's issues...

Have you ever had that feeling when you get off at the wrong bus stop and suddenly everything that seemed familiar is no longer familiar?

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:49:16 PM »
Do you mean like when you think your optometrist shouldn't be allowed to retire :)

Henry Hall

• Research
  • Evil Chemist
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 03:35:49 AM »
You know when I was fourteen I was in the waiting area for an opthalmologist and the door opened and the Dr said to his assistant: "Yes, okay, but I have to see Mrs Huppeldepup first...", then he went over to an old man, shook his hand and invited him into the consulting room. I assumed this wasn't Mrs Huppeldepup, so either he was talking about a future appointment or he ought to have retired forthwith.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 10:50:19 AM »
I was talking about when you find a brilliant one, after you've been through the rest and just as you do he retires.  Just shouldn't be allowed.