Author Topic: Recreating costumes of popular franchises: does this count here in this forum?  (Read 297 times)

LeiaOrgana2187

• Human Being
Well, one of my primary reasons for joining this forum is that I seek professional advice in tailoring as a hobby. Apparently most of the finished products I turn up in my hobby are usually remaking costumes of certain characters from popular franchises, which is growing popular among the younger generations nowadays. This trend even evolved into a culture called costume playing, or "cosplaying" for short.

Frankly, I kinda think that the cosplay subculture is one of the reasons why bespoke tailoring has regained popular interest after several decades in oblivion.

Sometimes I do profit by accepting commissions for reproducing certain costumes, and this is where my need comes in.

Do you think I am allowed to talk about this topic here in this forum? or is it against the rules?
 (Some examples I want to tackle are the outfits of Doctor Who protagonists and the like....

TTailor

• There is no formula!
    • A Tailor Made It
The costuming forum is here to allow a place for discussion of garments not commonly made or worn or discussed under the regular tailoring forums.
If you are new to sewing or patternmaking please make use of all the information available on the site.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
This is what this forum is here for, people who make or want to make garments of their own choice and/or design. We are blessed in having some genuine talent with our members so feel free to ask what you need and you may find someone who can advise you.

As an aside, cosplay is very popular in Japan and it appears to be a vehicle for pretty girls to wear unusual things at public events.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

LeiaOrgana2187

• Human Being
Well... I'll take that as a yes...