Author Topic: Please introduce yourself here.  (Read 17865 times)

Greger

• Experienced Professional
Re: Please introduce yourself here.
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2017, 05:06:04 PM »
Goats are fun. Miss them from my childhood. Goats milk is great.

sewformichele

• Human Being
« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2017, 12:58:47 AM »
Hello everyone!
I am a home sewer that has been sewing for about 50 years.  Recently I have been working with the local opera company helping to sew costumes and also with a local designer who does Mardi Gras costuming. These types of costumes are all period correct and high end. In the past I mostly sewed for myself and my daughters but find I now need to improve my tailoring skills as I am now making men's suitings.  I took a women's tailoring course several years back and learned some tidbits but would like to continue to improve my skills.

mtaylornmi@gmail.com

• Human Being
« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2017, 04:02:27 AM »
I have visited the site occasionally as a visitor.  I am a home garment sewer with a particular interest in practical, well fitting clothing for myself.  I have learned so much from this site that I decided to register. 

vivok

• Human Being
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2017, 12:15:53 AM »
Hi, I am Vivian from south Louisiana.  I have been sewing for 50 years, mostly self taught.  When I wanted to make my first dress, at age 11, my mom got me a McCall's pattern, showed me how to read the pattern and the directions, and said: "Have fun, all the directions are there.  I am going shopping and you can ask me questions when I get back."  I made a striped sheath and put the zipper in. I can't remember if I matched the stripes, but probably not. At age 14 I made my first lined suit, jacket and skirt. My aunt who was a professional seamstress didn't believe I made it. Anyway, I am a home sewist, and constantly wanting to upgrade my skills. This is why I joined, as there are very few sewing shops here, let alone someone to  get correct information from or ask questions of. Thank you for this site.

Schneiderfrei

• Research
  • Resembles Human Being
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2017, 01:25:40 AM »
Wow, what great stories. I was 11 when I asked my mother to make a uniform for a wooden soldier I had carved.  She gave me a needle and thread.

G