Author Topic: Occasional server slowdown  (Read 1343 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
Occasional server slowdown
« on: March 18, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »
In the last week or so I have noticed the occasional slowdown that makes this web site very unresponsive for periods of about 15 minutes. I know that the server settings are correct and that the sites I run on this server are very low load so it appears that the overload problem is occurring upstream from my server by another account that is attached to the same node going to the international routers.

I have asked the company that provides the hardware that the server is set up on to look into the problem as this is not a free account but a normal commercial account for a premium service and the slowdowns should not be happening. I also know that the server is not being subjected to any form of denial of service attack so its not a matter that I am directly in control of. My apologies for any inconvenience but I have asked the folks who provide the hardware to track down the problem.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D

theresa in tucson

• Human Being
Re: Occasional server slowdown
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 02:24:24 AM »
Hutch, if you are using the same system as Stitcher' Guild, and it appears you are as the sites look alike, the slow down is a frequent occurrence at peak times.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Bespoke Snippers
Re: Occasional server slowdown
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 08:37:31 AM »
Hi Theresa,

Thanks for the feedback. This forum uses the same software as the Stitcher' Guild but it is installed on a server in Australia where I live. Its normal for some slowdown in peak periods but the problem I saw here was much closer and not at peak times. It seems the folks who provide the hardware for the server have solved the problem as it has not happened again after I asked them to look into it.
The magnificent tools of the professional tailor
http://www.movsd.com/tailors_shears/  ;) ;D